MLW (Canada) Alco Bombardier MX620. This is the longest locomotive in the SL Roster. It was imported 1975 onwards. All units still operational. Can not go upcountry line beyond Nawalapitiya, since its bogie wheel base (11′ 2″) is exceeding 10′ 7″, standard for upcountry line. Normally it is not going beyond Polgahawela on main line.
- Builder : Montreal Locomotive Works Canada
- Imported : 1975
- Weight : 93 tons (97)
- Engine Model : MX-620
- Power : 1750hp Alco Bombardier V12 12-251C3 (4 stroke) (originally 2000hp)
- Maximum Speed : 104 kmph (limited to 65kmph)
- Axle Arrangement : Co-Co
- Bogie Wheel Base : 11′ 2″ (ie. distance between front and rear axle of a bogie)
- Total number of locomotives = 14
- Livery : Dark blue, Light blue, Silver and Yellow strip
- Special ICE livery was on # 752 “Point Pedro”. Now normal livery.
|753||Samanala||Dynamic Breaks Added|
|754||Menik||Dynamic Breaks Added|
|755||Mahaweli||Dynamic Breaks Added|
|756||Laxapana||Dynamic Breaks Added|